60HR TEACHER TRAINING
with Amber Gean : Rocket Girl Yoga
Light up your inner teacher in this 60 hour advanced yoga teacher training lead by Amber Gean, student of Larry Schultz, creator of The Rocket system of ashtanga vinyasa yoga. This training will support 200 hour yoga instructors to begin facilitating The Rocket as well as yogis who have already completed a Rocket training and want to deepen their understanding of the Rocket and more advanced sequencing as in Rocket 2 and 3.
Acceptance into the program is based on an application to link. Upon completion, you will receive a certificate to demonstrate continuing education requirements for Yoga Alliance Professionals
What is The Rocket?
The Rocket was developed by Larry Schultz in the 1990s while on tour with the Grateful Dead. The Rocket consists of poses from traditional Ashtanga vinyasa yoga. Larry resequenced the poses from first, second, and third series around the joints of the body and the days of the week. By doing this he created a more holistic approach to a regular Ashtanga practice. There are more than 140 poses that your body experiences during one week of consistent Rocket practice.
Learn The Rocket as taught by Larry Schultz
- Featuring multiple Rocket practices and teacher training sessions daily.
Advanced teacher training for all-level modifications in a weekly system.
Study Rocket sequences, theory and philosophy in an immersive 6-day experience.
About Amber Gean
Amber Gean-Marie Espelage is a Senior Rocket instuctor and is recognized by the Yoga Alliance Professional of United Kingdom as having over 10,000 hours experience instructing yoga.
In Spring 2000, she flew to San Francisco to study with Larry Schultz and flew back to Cincinnati with flowers in her hair and yoga in her bones. By November 2000, she had established herself as a respected teacher and she helped facilitate some of the first RYT teacher trainings in Cincinnati Ohio USA. She opened her own studio featuring the full Rocket system, 'Yoga ah', in 2007.
Amber Gean had a unique opportunity to work right along side Larry for 11 years during that time she assisted in many of his teacher training’s and classes. When Larry left his body in 2011 she felt called to continue his teachings. She has facilitated Rocket Training’s all over the world including Nicaragua, Costa Rica, New Mexico, Vancouver, as well as Brighton England. Amber Gean is known as a teacher of teachers.
In 2016, the Yoga Alliance Professional, U.K. recognized her training manual. As a pioneer in the Rocket Vinyasa Series, Amber loves to travel around the globe to teach others to teach the modern progression of this powerful lineage, from Krishnamacharya to Larry Schultz and beyond.
This course is open to teachers with a 200hr certification and no previous rocket training. If you have taken Rocket training you can further your studies with a more in-depth study of Rocket 2 and 3.
All training will take place at ChromaYoga from 9am-5.15pm on weekdays and 3pm-8.30pm on weekends.
Learning the Mechanics of Flight
- Weight transfer into the hands.
- Floating back and forth in the Sun Salutations.
- Jump backs from seated postures.
- Inversions and handstands from standing postures.
- Arm balances and inversions from seated positions.
- Creating fluid movement throughout your practice.
- Floating with control vs. ballistics.
Learning the Rocket Vinyasa Sequences
Personal and Professional Development
- Open the way to become a teacher of teachers.
- Improving and strengthening intuition.
- Techniques to improve focus and strengthen mind.
- Mind body journaling.
- Improve timing and tempo of practice.
- Learn the Bottle Rocket sequence for beginners.
- Daily lead practice of Rocket 1, 2 and 3, Larry's creative modifications of the of the 1st, 2nd, and Advanced series of traditional Ashtanga Yoga.
- Arm balances and transitions: Handstands, elbow stand, scorpion, side crow, crow, eight crooked limbs.
- Backbends: Wheel, one leg lifted wheel, camel, head on floor in back bend, kick overs.
- Abdominal strength exercises cross training exercises.
- Advanced sequencing around the joints of the body.
History and philosophy of Rocket and Ashtanga Yoga
- Review of It's Yoga/Yoga ah philosophy developed by Larry Schultz.
- History of the Rocket and its relationship to traditional Ashtanaga Yoga.
- Meaning and application of the Yoga Sutras.
Space for this training is limited and once the set amount of places have been allocated for the first release, the price will increase to that of the second release and then the third.
We are offering 3 assisted places at a discounted rate of £350 for teachers on low income (18k per year or less).
To apply, click the button below.
Assisted place: £350
First release (early bird): £550
Second release: £650
Third release: £750
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org